We have had so many new members joining and people interested in our challenges asking for details. Very exciting! However, the posts were all over the place, and I thought it would make much more sense to have a single page where we have all of the important information.
If you are interesting in joining, please e-mail me or visit our Facebook page to request an invitation. For more about us, read below!
We all subscribe to tons of sewing blogs, but most of the bloggers are people who have years of experience. It's totally fun to read for the inspiration, but they don't have problems with the nitty gritty details. Thus, I thought it would be fun to start a group for beginning sewers!
The idea is to pick a project (same pattern, similar trend) and share our individual results (and problems along the way). Also, sometimes we all need motivation, and having a virtual group will help to make sure projects don't sit for too long.
If you join, you are not required to sew every project along with us. Some of us have blogs, while others don't, but you can always share on the Facebook page!
For the post announcing the group and more details, click here!
Spring 2013: The "Black & White" Challenge
- Description: We decided to make garments incorporating the spring trend of black and white. Read more here.
- Final Project Round-up: All in all, the members of Stitch Once, Rip Twice made four tops, a pair of shorts, and a tunic! Click here for the pictures.
Summer 2013: Pencil Skirt Challenge
- Description: The members made all kinds of pretty pencil skirts! Read more about the challenge rules here.
- Final Project Round-up: We had eight members submit finished skirts with different fun details, colors, and patterns. It was really fun to see everyone's take on the simple pencil skirt! Click here for the pictures.
Late Summer 2013: Choose Your Challenge: Refashioning or 1960's!
- Description: We had a tie! Thus, for our third project we made it a choose your challenge. Refashion an existing garment or the 1960's trend. Or for overachievers... both! Rules and inspiration photos here!
- Final Project Round-up: We had seven members submit all kinds of garments from tops to dresses for kids and adults alike! Just one challenge inspired such different, beautiful items. Click here for all of the pictures and links.
Fall/Winter 2013: Mad About Plaid!
- Description: We are mad about plaid for our Fall/Winter challenge. Can you blame us? Check out some inspiration photos and the rules in this post!
- Final Project Round-up: We had completely different projects from our members that they sewed over the holidays. Few but mighty! See all of them here. :)
#5: A Simple Top!
- Description: After the last challenge we wanted to have more participation from our members, especially since we gained a bunch lately! Check out some inspiration photos and the rules in this post!
- Final Project Round-up: So many pretty projects, including four from new members! Check it all out here.
Spring 2014: Simple Dress Challenge
- Description: Our last challenge had much more participation, so we ended up choosing a Simple Dress for our next one! Check out some inspiration photos and the rules in this post.
- Final Project Round-up: The challenge ends on June 15th, so if you want to join in, e-mail me for an invite!
- Alisha G.
- Alisha S. (Alexandria Bay, NY): Blog: Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife, Facebook, Pinterest
- Alison (UK): Blog: Thimberlina
- Amanda (Oxnard, CA): Blog: Kaleidoscope of Colors, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Etsy
- Amy (Oklahoma City, OK): Blog: Sews N Bows, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Angela (northeastern Ohio): Blog: Work Pray Sew, Bloglovin', Instagram
- Ann (Washington D.C.)
- Anna (Sorgà, Italy): Blog: Riusa & Crea, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Riuso Creativo
- Barbie (Japan)
- Becky (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Brenda (North Carolina)
- Caitlin (Canada)
- Cathy (Milwaukie, OR)
- ChiChi (Atlanta, GA): Blog: ChiChi Loves, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Coleen (Kutztown, PA)
- Crystal (Wahiawa, HI)
- Daniela (Mission, BC): Blog: On the Cutting Floor
- Debbie (Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin)
- Deli (London, UK)
- Diane H. (Fresno, CA)
- Diane (Southern CA): Blog: Vintage Zest, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Din (Brooklyn, NY)
- Earlyne (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Elena (Madrid, Spain)
- Elisa (Verona, Italy): Blog: Make Your Own Clothing & Pausacioccolata, Pinterest, Facebook
- Glynis (Atlanta, GA)
- Heather (Saint Louis, MO)
- Ilaria (Pegli, Liguria, Italy)
- Jennifer (Greeley, PA): Blog: The Lachman Collection
- Jessica (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho)
- Jini (Albuquerque, NM)
- Joen (Delran, NJ)
- Julie (Washington D.C.)
- Kaffibee (Nigeria)
- Kaisla (Finland)
- Karen (near Houston, TX): Facebook
- Karima (Brooklyn, NY): Etsy
- Kathleen (Charlotte, NC)
- Kathy (Jeffersonville, IN)
- Kelsey (Carbondale, IL)
- Kim (Allentown, PA)
- Kitty (Boulder, CO)
- Kristin (NYC, NY): Blog: Sew Classic, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Krystina (MD)
- Latisha (near Milwaukee, WI)
- Laura C. (Italy)
- Lauren (Portland, OR): Blog: A Red Ember, Bloglovin, Pinterest, Instagram
- Lisa (Wesley Chapel, NC)
- Loredana (Italy)
- Lynn (Kapellen, Belgium)
- Maleficent (Lebanon, OR)
- MammaNene (Northern Italy): Blog: Serger Pepper, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Marda (Petaluma, CA)
- Marina (Belgrade, Serbia)
- Marianne (Sunnyvale, CA)
- Marjorie (Plainfield, CT)
- Mary (Southern CA): Blog: Dim Sum Knitting
- Mela (Trieste, Italy): Blog: A Fish-Flavoured Apple, Twitter, Instagram
- Melissa (Padua, Italy)
- Melody (Corpus Christi, TX)
- Milena (Montreal, Quebec)
- Mirakol: Blog: Foggy Mirrors and Dirty Dishes
- Mo (CA): Blog: Who is that girl Mo?, Bloglovin', Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Nay (New South Wales, Australia): Blog: The Wardrobe Surgeon, Bloglovin', Pinterest
- Nicki (Australia)
- Nicole (Australia)
- Nicoline (Dublin, Ireland)
- Parnuuna (Aalborg, Denmark): Blog: Be My Goth, Bloglovin', Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Pramudita (Renton, Washington)
- Rachel (UK): Blog: The Hollywood Sew, Bloglovin', Twitter, Tumblr
- Rss (Singapore)
- Ruth (Little Rock, AR)
- Sabrina (Atlanta, GA): Blog: Sweetfrenchtoast, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
- Sandra (Madrid, Spain): Blog: Sandrine Photografie
- Sara (South Portland, ME)
- Scooter (Philadelphia, PA): Blog: Scooter Phoenix, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr
- Sequoia (OH)
- Sharon (Singapore)
- Shawanee' (College Station, TX)
- Shawn (Fenton, MI)
- Shelia (MI)
- Sonia (Nottingham, UK)
- Stine (Odense, Denmark)
- Sue (UK)
- Sunita (TX): Blog: Quasionstilts, Instagram, Etsy
- Susan (Hazard, KY)
- Suzie (Montreal, Quebec): Blog: Fabric Maverick
- Tanya Maile (Northern California): Blog: Mrs. Hughes
- Tasha (Washington, D.C.): Blog: The Tell Tale Tasha, Instagram, Bloglovin'
- Tiffany S. (British Columbia, Canada): Blog: Tiffany's Notions and Knits, Bloglovin', Etsy
- Tiffany T. (Texas)
- Tina (San Diego, CA): Blog: Artelicious, Bloglovin', Feedly, Pinterest
- Tricia (Butte, MT): Google+, Pinterest, Etsy
- Val (Edmonton, Alberta)
- Vicky (UK): Blog: Vicky Myers Creations, Twitter, Pinterest
- Victoria B. (near Pittsburgh, PA): Blog: Very Blissful, Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Victoria L.
- Wendy (Atlanta, GA)
- Yasminar (UK)
Once again, if you'd like to join, please e-mail me or visit our Facebook page to request an invitation. We'd love to have you!