The best part is that it was a hit with the guests! I'm so glad that it was a crowd pleaser with very little effort on my part. Mission accomplished!
Pantry Fresh Pesto Pasta Salad
A Vintage Zest original
- 1 pound pasta *(see note below)
- 1 cup pesto, storebought or homemade
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, sliced thinly (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Mix in the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, and corn kernels. If necessary, add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cool before serving.
- Top with fresh basil (if using) and enjoy!
See! It's such a super simple recipe, with all of the ingredients coming from my freezer, pantry, and garden. I could see adding all kinds of other ingredients, such as mozzarella, feta, mushrooms, or peas. The possibilities are endless!
For the pasta, I chose a combination of penne, bow ties, and cavatappi, which I thought was just a bit more festive! Everyone agreed. :) The tomatoes were a combination of red cherry, yellow pear, and regular Roma from my mom's garden.
I'm definitely going to keep this recipe in my back pocket for any impromptu get-togethers when I need a quick dish without having to run to the store. I hope you enjoy!
What is your favorite easy party dish?