This year, I decided to make a customized 2013 calendar, which I wrote about in my second & third posts ever. After adopting the new system, I realized that a few things needed to be revamped. I gave myself a few months with the system I posted about, then I took the time to sit down and assess what was working and what wasn't.
- The pretty vinyl on the cover. I still love it and it stayed intact, minus a couple of tiny dots on the damask pattern.
- Using the folder for items that shouldn't be hole-punched.
- My daily To Do list in half-sheet form.
What didn't work:
- The included calendar was difficult to use with the months all over the place.
- I wanted a pre-printed daily & weekly schedule/to-do list.
- I needed more sections for To Do lists, Blog topics, etc.
|Hello, new and improved Planner 2.0!|
So all in all, I changed just a few things, but it has definitely streamlined my days and all of the tasks I need to keep up with on a daily basis.
Here are the major changes that I made!
1. I made weekly checklists (not pictured) and monthly calendars that were a much better format than the calendar I bought for the binder.
2. I added a whole other section of dividers, mostly for blog topics.
- 1st Set of Tabs: To Do, Remember (dates & items to keep track of), Notes, Long Term, and Create! (for sewing & cooking ideas)
- 2nd Set of Tabs: Calendar, Blog Dates (Blog Calendar was too big to fit!), Blog Topics, Blog To Do, and Supplies (blank paper and other items).
3. I created a Blog Calendar to fill in topics for the future, especially to keep track of the Co-Hosting or Guest Spot dates! Nothing too fancy, but it definitely helps to keep me organized. Here, I typed in the previous entries...
But, it works just as well when I started to fill them in by hand. Perfect!
If you guys are interested in your own, here is the Blog Calendar for all of you to download, as promised! Stay tuned for next year's version! :)
No longer available: Please see here for the 2014 version!
I'm happy that my new system works so much better and it feels like it integrates into my life so much more effortlessly, now that it is 100% customized. Hopefully, some of you can get use out of my mini Blog Calendar.