Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DailyRepairDifference #CollectiveBias
Happy Friday! I have such a busy weekend starting today with four media tastings for The Episodic Eater, three Vintage Zest-related events, and two networking meetings, that I hardly have a minute to think of myself. Just like all of you, I know I need to continue all of the daily habits that keep me healthy and going strong!
We know that daily small steps make a big difference, both literally and figuratively. For me, every day starts with a consistent morning routine before I hit the gym. It is so tempting to stay in bed and hit the snooze button, but with a few simple steps, I'm on my way to the gym before I even have the chance to come up with an excuse!
I outlined three simple steps below that will help anyone streamline their pre-morning workout routine. Before I even start with Step 1, I head to Walmart for all of the supplies I'll need!
Step 1: Freshen Up
Not all of these items may apply to you, but it's exactly what I need every morning! To make things easy, I keep all these items on a tray on my bathroom counter within easy reach.
- Contacts: A girl's gotta see!
- Toothpaste: I use New Colgate Total® Daily Repair™ toothpaste because helps to fight bad breath and whitens teeth.
- Mouthwash & Floss: More ways to take care of those teeth and gums!
- Face Wash: Take care of that oil slick that accumulated all night, before sweating up a storm
- Deodorant: Speaking of sweat, you'll want to swipe some on. :)
Step 2: Suit Up
I make sure that every night, my workout clothes are in a little bundle in my closet (like above) before I go to sleep. That way, I can stumble out of bed and not think twice about what I'm going to wear. Mom was right about setting your clothes out before bedtime!
- Top: When it gets chillier, I add a pullover to the clothing pile.
- Bottoms: It's always basic black for me. Time to go shopping? :)
- Fitness Tracker: I love this thing. I use it to check my heart rate, mid-workout, and use to track my steps, sleep, and other important info!
- Hair Ties: One tie for the ponytail and a headband-sized tie to tame the flyaways.
- Athletic Socks: I just recently found out that proper athletic socks make a difference. Total lightbulb moment!
- Training Shoes: Possibly the most important thing you'll wear!
Step 3: Gear Up
I keep everything rolled up and ready to go in my car, so I don't risk forgetting anything. A gym bag is perfect for this too!
- Yoga Mat: For my bootcamp classes, we bring yoga mats. If I forget, I'm on the ground with every one else's sweat. Ew.
- Towel: Speaking of sweat...
- Lifting gloves: I lift and I don't like calluses, so these come in handy, ESPECIALLY with the heavier weights.
- Music: On cardio days, I need a little music to pump me up!
- Water: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
When I wash my water bottle or switch out my towel, I just make sure to swap them as I remove the old one. If an old one goes out, a new one goes in!
And those are my three simple steps to make sure that I get to my morning workout ready to exercise! I freshen up, suit up, and gear up, and the whole routine takes me a matter of minutes.
All of these small steps make a big difference in maintaining my health, like New Colgate Total® Daily Repair™ does for my oral health. It helps reverse early tooth and gum damage for Better Oral Health, which you can find out more about on their Facebook and Twitter pages.
I would love to find out about your morning routines as well! What steps do you take to stay healthy?