This is not a super-detailed tutorial because the original from Make It & Love It is just fantastic and you can definitely refer to it! However, I did make a few tweaks, so don't leave just yet!
Oh, and are you wondering why you would even want this? Well, just think about all those times you have to charge your cell phone and leave it on the icky floor. Or sometimes the cord is too short, and you have to leave it hanging. :( Well you no longer have to do that! Let's get to the quasi-tutorial. :)
Cell Phone Charger Holder
What You Will Need
- Empty Lotion Bottle
- Marking pencil or pen
- Box cutter & protective surface (cutting board, cardboard, etc.)
- Optional: Fabric & Mod Podge
1. Remove all stickers and labels.
2. Mark your pattern! Check out the original tutorial if you want to make the shape she suggests. However, I wanted to do something different...
3. I made a little cut-out shape in the front so I can see alerts coming in as my phone charges! Make sure not to make the cut-out the same width as the phone or it will just topple out!
Hint: Cut smaller first and then you can always widen it later.
4. You can cover it in fabric like the original tutorial or leave it plain after sanding down the edges, like I did. My bottle was neutral enough that I like it as is.
I actually waited and waited for my phone to show an alert, but I never got one. However, you can see that when the phone turns on while charging, I can see my whole screen, even from across the room!
Just a minor improvement on an otherwise awesome tutorial, but I totally love it. :) As you can see, this lotion bottle was saved long before I even organized my bathroom drawer, and I'm so glad that I can finally "cross" that pin off of my list of items to make!
What was the last Pinned project or recipe that you made?