Some time later, my mom wanted a sunglasses sleeve and I had this fabric from her pants, so I upcycled them into a little sleeve! Here's a quickie almost-tutorial on how I did it. :)
The whole reason I am calling this an "almost" tutorial is because I just snapped a few pictures along the way, and even though you will get the main gist from the pictures, it is not a really thorough step-by-step with arrows or a pattern to download. Here we go!
Sunglasses Sleeve "Tutorial"
What You Will Need
- Upcycled pant hems
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine or needle for hand sewing
1. First, turned the fabric inside out with right sides touching.
2. Sew along the non-finished edge to make a pouch shape.
3. Measure how large you want the pouch to be by placing your sunglasses inside and then...
...slide the second pouch piece over it. Make a mark with chalk.
4. Then, turn it inside out...
...and pin where you want to sew.
5. It should look like a tissue box with an opening in the middle.
6. No closures needed and when the sunglasses are inside, it definitely won't slip out. Nice!
I know it's a funny thing to make, but it did use some scraps, is functional and is definitely a fabric that my mom liked!
What have you made with your fabric scraps?