I am finally back to cooking! I haven't washed a dish or pan in about 4 weeks, can you believe it? Luckily, between all of the walking and hiking up towers, none of the pastries that I ate didn't pack on a single pound! I came in right at the exact same weight, to a tenth of a pound. That's crazy!
Still, I'm pretty sure that I'm a bit thicker in the middle and lost some of my arm muscle. Ick. So what does that mean? Back to healthy recipes (and the gym)!
I actually made this recipe before I left for my trip, because it's so easy with most of the ingredients coming from my freezer, pantry, and garden. No grocery shopping? Yes!
Shrimp with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Feta
Adapted from here
Olive oil1 medium zucchini, diced
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, minced1 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
1/4 cup water
Feta, for sprinkling
1. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, and garlic to the pan. Cook about 3 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until warmed through.
4. Add the oregano, basil, salt and pepper. You may reserve some of the herbs for sprinkling over the finished dish, if you prefer fresh herbs.
5. Stir in the water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
6. Serve immediately and sprinkle with as much Feta as desired. Enjoy!
What's your favorite go to pantry/freezer meal?