Maybe it's a culmination of my travel, eating out so much this last week, or staying out in the sun too long for Mother's Day. In any case, I had to skip the gym today, which is always a bit worrying. It's so easy to put off the next workout for tomorrow, or the day after, and so on...
Well, at least I can eat right!
I put together one of my favorite salads ever, which I eat every day, as long as I've been a good grocery shopper and food prep-er. Yes, I think I just made up a word.
It helps to have a tasty salad ready to go, especially when your fruit drawer looks like this...
|Hmmm... One of these things is not like the other!|
Diane's Favorite Salad!
Recipe from My Guy's mom :)
- 4 cups Romaine, chopped
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. French fried onions
- Olive oil, to taste (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together.
Really, I have to explain why I love this salad so much.
- It's colorful! You know that I love eating all of the colors of the rainbow. :)
- The ingredients comprise a range of tastes makes the salad interesting to eat, instead of just bland and boring lettuce greens. The saltiness of the blue cheese and french fried onions is contrasted with the sweet carrots and dried cranberries. The crunchiness of the french fried onions is also contrasted to the crisp lettuce and cabbage and the chewy cranberries. Each bite is a different experience!
- I can prep my salad ingredients for a few days at a time because all of the ingredients keep well, even after being pre-cut. It's probably obvious that I like having quick, pre-prepared items in my fridge. :)
I'm always on the lookout for new toppings and flavor combinations, so my question to you is...
What's your favorite salad?