Today, I am coming to you with one of my favorite snacks! I adore bruschetta, crostini, and anything on a mini toast, but this is a sweeter take on the typical flavors that you may be used to. This "recipe" is super quick, easy, and it actually makes a great little party appetizer as well!
You only need a few ingredients, which may be a little on the unusual side, but they are readily available at most large grocery stores. In fact tracking down the ingredients may be the hardest part of the entire recipe, because the prep and clean-up take about 5 minutes total. Not bad for something that tastes so fancy!
Raisin Bread Toasts with Braided String Cheese & Honey
A Vintage Zest original recipe
- Raisin loaf (similar here)
- Braided string cheese, also known as Armenian string cheese (can be bought here)
- Honey or Agave Nectar (depending on your taste preference)
1. Slice the raisin loaf into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2. Cut the string cheese into smaller pieces.
3. Arrange the cheese on top of the bread, to your liking. I prefer spaces between the cheese, but you can fill your toasts in more!
4. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Drizzle with honey or agave nectar.
6. Serve immediately!
And that's it! It is ready to eat right away, and I swear that it reminds me of one of those fancy sandwich and panini combos I had in Europe. Super easy and delish!
Also, if you are doing this for a party, just pre-slice the bread and cheese, arrange it on a baking sheet, then when company comes over, all you have to do is broil it for a couple minutes and drizzle. Easy peasy!
What is your favorite bruschetta, crostini, or toast flavor combo?