“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council. I received a stipend to facilitate my purchase for my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
As you might know, I will be winging my way across the globe to the Philippines & Australia today!
What does this have to do with a recipe post? Well, two reasons:
- I wanted to share one of my fave quick snacks with you, which I will be taking on the airplane
- I have been eating these little tidbits non-stop since I will be hitting the beach on my vacay!
Since booking my trip a few months ago, I was determined to make some healthy changes. Since blueberries are an easy way to add a healthy twist to meals, I have been devouring this snack, which I would love to share with you! Also, check out the sweepstakes info after the recipe for a chance to win one of four $500 Whole Foods or Lululemon gift cards!
This snack requires just three simple ingredients, and even though it is winter, you might think that blueberries are not available... Wrong!
Even though you might think of blueberries as purely a summertime fruit, hanks to our friends in South America, blueberries are in season all year-round! That's how I found those juicy, plump blueberries in the supermarket above!
Now to the "recipe"!
Blueberry & Peanut Butter "Mini Toasts"
A Vintage Zest original
- Wheat Chex, or similar flat cereal
- Peanut Butter
1. Swipe a dab of peanut butter on to the cereal.
2. Stick a blueberry on top.
3. Repeat and devour!
Lastly, the sweepstakes from the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council is already on! Enter here and take a look at the deets below. Also, follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- The winner will receive a trip for two to LA for the Little Changes Kitchen Challenge alongside actress, author and TV host Alison Sweeney.
- Runners up may win one of four $500 Whole Foods or Lululemon gift cards for a refreshed pantry or workout wardrobe! Choose little, win BIG. Hurry!
- Sweepstakes opens on January 1, 2015 and closes February 16, 2015!
Now, I just have to finish packing, making more of these for my airplane snack, and entering the sweepstakes!