Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you a gift basket for my mom with all of our favorite items. I know that I left my dad out, but since Father's Day was right around the corner, I knew that I was going to make him a basket of his own! For my mom, I included some sappy rom-coms, nail polish, and generally girly things. Since this is for my manly-Superman-of-a-dad with "biceps of iron" (his words, not mine), I wanted to put together his own gift basket! The inspiration for the gift is centered around the DVD release one of his favorite characters of all time: Jack Ryan! There is a whole series of books on him and a total of five movies with the character, but I am getting him the newest DVD, coming out on Tuesday (June 10th), so I know he doesn't have it yet!
Here's what's going to be in my dad's gift!
I love filling up a fun basket with my dad's favorite things, and this time I definitely hit them all!
Here's what I'm planning to pick up at Walmart on Tuesday (clockwise from top):
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit DVD: It's one that I'll definitely watch with him. Chris Pine, anyone? ;) (Or for my mom's generation, Kevin Costner and Kenneth Branagh, anyone?)
- Coffee: He LOVES his coffee so this is a given. :)
- Pocket squares: Yep, he wears a suit basically every day to work, and his new obsession is pocket squares! He's a dapper fellow, and I'm going to pick up some fabric to sew a couple. :)
- Chocolate: He's a bigger chocolate fiend than my mom! Remember how I went to New York and brought him back a souvenir of chocolate, which he specifically asked for? Yep, he loves it.
- Mesh soccer bag & soccer ball: He's a huge soccer fan and plays a few times a week, so I thought it would be fun to package everything up in a mesh bag that he could actually use. Besides, he is already gearing up for the World Cup!
One last thing, I know that I'm picking up the DVD version for my dad, BUT Walmart is releasing an exclusive Blu-Ray pack for just a few days. You get Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit on Blu-ray, The Italian Job on Blu-ray, and $15 off of sports tickets on Ticketmaster all for only $12.96! The offer is good only from Tuesday (6/10) to Saturday (6/14), so make sure to pick that up at Walmart!
What are you gifting to your dad next week?