I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
With all of my studying lately, my schedule is completely full with work, studying, blogging, and family events. It has been tough to find time for a date night with my man, so to make sure that we at least had one special night, we had a date night in! I wanted a recipe that was easy to make and worthy of a romantic dinner. Therefore, I came up with a delicious Roasted Red Pepper Pasta to accompany the super-easy-to-prepare Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Chicken!
Really, the dish is so easy that it could easily be replicated by my guy. All of the ingredients can be found in your pantry or freezer, and it is delicious! The chicken is moist, tender, and flavorful, and the complementary Red Pepper Pasta is fresh and light! Also, the entire prep, cook, clean-up, and serving time took less than an hour. That's my idea of a perfect dinner date at home!
First of all, the secret ingredient is the Tyson Individually Quick Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Garlic flavor. I bought them at Sam's Club, so you know it was a good deal! If you want to try the chicken for yourself, make sure to catch the demo on 5/25/14 at your local store.
Now, to the recipe!
Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
A Vintage Zest original
- Tyson Individually Quick Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Garlic flavor
- Olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups roasted red pepper strips, jarred or roasted at home
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Handful fresh basil
- 1/2 package spaghetti noodles
- 1/4 cup cream or 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Optional: Up to an additional 1/4 cup cream or 1/4 cup chicken stock
1. Line a baking sheet with foil and prepare the chicken breasts according to the package directions. No need to thaw!
2. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the red bell pepper strips and cook until everything has softened.
4. Add the cream or chicken stock, plus the salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
6. Once cool, puree the red pepper mixture in a food processor.
The sauce may be slightly thick...
7. If so, add up to an additional 1/4 cup of cream or chicken stock to loosen the sauce slightly. I used chicken stock for a lighter taste, but you may use cream for a more luscious sauce.
And that's it! While the chicken continues to cook, you can clean up and then plate the pasta. It's super fast and easy!
Truth be told, I made just a bit more sauce than I needed for the pasta because I thought the chicken would need it. Boy, was I wrong! The chicken is super flavorful and I love how quick it is to grab one or two pieces and pop into the oven. How much easier could it get?
It's perfect because it leaves time to make a fresh pasta sauce from scratch and even extra time to get ready for our date night. :) Score!
What is your favorite side dish for chicken?