Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Can I say how excited I am for this warm weather we have been having! Once the sun is out full-force, I am ready to start grilling, and there is nothing better than a cheeseburger! For today's recipe, I wanted to share a delicious dish that I created because as much as I love chili cheeseburgers, they are ridiculously messy. For this cheeseburger, I decided to mix up all the ingredients of a classic chili cheese burger and make these sliders using my favorite Kraft Shreds. I am so glad that they sell shredded cheese because it is my least favorite kitchen task, so the pre-shredded cheese is a godsend! And of course, I like my dishes spicy, so there's a bit of zip in there as well. Enjoy!
A couple notes on the recipe before I jump in.
I made these out of turkey, but you can definitely use beef! Also, I made these patties as large sliders to fit my pretzel bun, so they are not the size of regular huge patties or the size of tiny sliders. I made 12 mid-size patties, so ake sure to keep that in mind when calculating the number that you want to make!
Also, I made a stop at Walmart when selecting my cheese because they always have so many options, such as...
...Kraft Singles! I know that some people prefer to stuff with slices of cheese, but I find that I end up cutting them into smaller squares anyways, so I prefer...
...Kraft Shreds! They have just about every cheese possible, so you can suit the cheeseburger to your own taste. I went with Sharp Cheddar (not pictured here) because it's my favorite. Now, to the recipe!
Spicy Stuffed Chili Cheeseburger Sliders
A Vintage Zest Original
- 8 oz. Kraft sharp cheddar cheese shreds
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 - 2 jalapeños, depending on your spice preference OR 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (small cans are usually found in the international foods aisle)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsps. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 lb. pound lean ground turkey or beef
- Hamburger buns
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles
1. Pulse your red onion in a food processor until a medium-sized dice.
2. Add the jalapeños or red bell pepper, garlic, chipotle peppers, black beans, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the food processor. Pulse until the ingredients have been thoroughly mixed. I leave a bit of chunk to mine, but you can process until nearly smooth.
3. Add the ground turkey or beef and the bean mixture to a large bowl.
4. Mix until combined. I love seeing all of the chili ingredients in the meat!
5. Place half the amount of meat for the patty you would like form on a clean surface.
6. Top with the cheese shreds. The amount will depend on your patty size. I suggest not overfilling because the patty may break apart and the cheese will ooze out, and under-filling is not an option because we want it to be cheesy! Test out your first patty before making the rest.
7. Cover with the other half of the patty meat and tuck in all the shreds.
8. Repeat with the rest of your patties and shredded cheese!
9 . When it is time to grill, the time depends on your patty size. I found that mine only took 5 minutes per side because the bean burgers cook quickly. Make sure to cook the turkey thoroughly for safety!
For my first try, you can see a couple of shreds starting to poke out, but it was just perfect by the end!
Yep, not quite hidden inside, but nobody says no to extra cheese!
Here's a side view!
10. Top with your favorite ingredients (or nothing at all) and enjoy!
Now that I have the patties all ready to go, I can't wait to get grilling! How about you?
What is your favorite cheese for cheeseburgers?