Without further ado, here is the recipe. Get ready to dig in!
Creamy Burst Tomato Pasta Sauce
A Vintage Zest original
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups cherry or pear tomatoes (I used tomatoes from my mom's garden. Score!)
- 1/3 of 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- Handful, fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Optional: Up to 1 cup chicken stock or water
1. Warm olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the tomatoes and sprinkle them with salt.
3. Shake the pan frequently for 5 to 10 minutes until the tomatoes have burst.
4. Add in the cream cheese and stir until smooth.
5. You may need to thin out your sauce with a bit of chicken stock, or regular water will do in a pinch.
6. Season with salt, pepper, to taste. Just before serving, stir in the fresh basil, reserving some for topping.
And that's it! Spoon over your favorite noodles for a delicious pasta sauce.
I enjoy this because it is super simple, and I almost always have these ingredients on hand. Also, it is a great way to use lots of tomatoes that your plant may overproduce. :)
What is your favorite go-to homemade pasta sauce?