Here are the Peach Crumble and Plum Pie desserts that I baked!
This is the basically the picture that I left you with, and you probably thought that I was crazy for not just chucking the topping and pie crust in the trash.
Well, a couple of peaches + a few ingredients = this delish crumble!
I actually forgot to take a picture of this plum pie after it was baked. Oops! The next morning when the light was better, I was going to take the pictures. However, a slice was removed as a midnight snack and not in the cute blogger styling way. Oh well!
Here is the plum pie pre-baking. You'll just have to imagine it with a little more of a jewel-tone and cute dollops of whipped cream!
I'll share a little bit of how I made this crumble and pie filling, but it's not an exact recipe because nowadays I eyeball ingredient amounts and adjust as I taste. :) Still, it's my favorite way to enjoy fruit that's almost past its prime and I hope you enjoy it!
- Chopped fruit (peaches, plums, pears, apples, mangoes, or whatever you have on hand!)
- Sugar, to taste (sweeter fruit will require less sugar)
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp. to 1 Tbsp. (Depends on the amount of fruit you have and how much you like cinnamon!)
- Vanilla extract, splash
- Flour, 1 to 2 Tbsp. (Depends on amount of fruit you have; make sure you have enough to thicken the juices as the crumble/pie cooks)
1. Mix all of the ingredients above and place into a large baking pan or individual ramekins.
2. For the crumble, add your topping of choice. I used the reserved topping, but here is my crumble topping recipe, if you like!
3. Bake until the topping is browned slightly and the fruit is cooked, typically about 30 minutes at 350F. That's it!
Here's a peek of the plum filling that I used pre-mixing. I just mixed it and dumped it into the pie crust to make a yummy pie instead!
Crumbles and fruit pies are the first dessert items that I learned how to bake for myself, because they could not be easier. These took about 5 minutes because the topping and pie crust were pre-made, but you could easily make your own in 10 minutes from scratch!