Is it me or did football season come around quicker this year? Of course, that means that every Sunday we need to feed the whole crew with quick and easy finger foods. When I'm so busy over the week, the last thing I want to do is spend a ton of time planning and cooking all weekend.
When I found out about Kraft Recipe Makers (#kraftrecipemakers), I was ecstatic because I knew that I could cook up a crowd pleaser for very little effort (and money). These sweet and sour turkey meatballs are moist and flavorful, and I can whip them up no time flat. Perfect!
Not only are the Kraft Recipe Maker kits super easy to use, they come in a variety of flavors that will make it super easy to switch up our party dishes. Also, each kit has three different recipes with each box. Perfect if you're not sure what to cook!
Here's my spin on one of their recipes, Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs!
Sweet & Sour Mini Turkey Meatballs
Inspired by Kraft Recipe Makers recipes
Makes 35 mini meatballs, or 18 regular-sized meatballs
6 green onions
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 lb. ground turkey
1 pkg. (14.8 oz.) Kraft Recipe Makers Sweet & Sour Chicken, divided
1. Thinly slice all of the green onions.
2. Finely chop red and green bell peppers.
3. Place ground turkey in large mixing bowl.
4. Reserve a bit of the sliced green onions for garnish. Mix the peppers and remaining onions with meat until blended.
5. Open Kraft Recipe Makers box.
6. Add half of the Sesame Ginger Simmer Sauce to the meat mixture and combine.
7. Shape into 35 balls, about 3/4 inch diameter. (If you prefer larger meatballs, you can make them 1-inch balls, which will yield 18).
8. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish.
9. Cover with Sweet & Sour Pineapple Finishing Sauce.
10. Bake 25 min. at 375ºF or until done (160ºF, internal temperature).
11. Serve meatballs with remaining Sesame Ginger Simmer Sauce for dipping.
12. Garnish with green onions and toothpicks for easy eating!
I served these to friends and family, and received nods of approval all around! My guy loved the punch of flavor and my mom was surprised about how moist they stayed. The best part is that it was so super quick and easy with Kraft Recipe Makers (connect with them here on Facebook). I'm definitely going to keep these on hand when I'm not sure what to cook for my crowd!
Make sure to check out my Google Plus album to see more about my shopping adventure!