My favorite desserts of all time would have to be either a tart or cheesecake loaded with ripe, delicious fruit. I can't imagine baking every day, so this is something that I like to imagine as a deconstructed version of those desserts!
The way that I came to this recipe was when I was moving out of my last apartment and needed to start cleaning out my pantry. I was working my way through my dried fruit stockpile, and decided to add dried blueberries to some leftover ricotta from a lasagna recipe.
Sometimes, I swear that it almost tastes like cheesecake if I concentrate hard enough. :) This is going to be a lot like last week's "recipe" of yogurt and fruit cups, and just like that recipe, I eat this almost every day for a quick, light dessert!
Ricotta & Fruit Bowls
A Vintage Zest original
- Ricotta, whichever fat content you prefer
- Sweetener of choice*
- Fruit of choice*
- "Crust" of choice*
- Optional extras that you'd like to mix in (i.e. - Protein powder, Fiber powder, etc.)
*See below for what I like to use!
1. Mix the ricotta with any extras that you would like to use.
2. Mix in the amount of sweetener, to your taste.
* I like using agave nectar or honey. Other good sweeteners to use are maple syrup, mashed persimmons, date sugar, etc.
3. Top with your favorite fresh or dried fruit!
*I used fresh peaches, but this works well with strawberries, blueberries, mango, and everything in between. Even dried fruit works, like my favorite, dried blueberries!
4. Top with your "crust."
*I use fiber cereal most of the time, but feel free to use other cereal, broken graham crackers, or anything to mimic a tart crust!
This is light and simple dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth with a bit of fiber and nutrition thrown in. It tastes good and it's good for me? Yes!
I'll promise to stop sounding like an infomercial by next week's recipe. :)
What is your favorite dessert to make at home?